-Total of Nine Wine-centric Voyages offered in Caribbean and Mediterranean in 2018-
MIAMI, February 21, 2017 – Continuing its commitment to and enhancing the superbly established level of award-winning culinary experiences, SeaDream Yacht Club announces nine Wine Voyages for the 2018 season. Showcasing the most picturesque yachting ports of the Mediterranean, and Caribbean for 2018, on five-to-ten day sailings, each itinerary pairs the ultimate wine experience with the regions’ most scenic backdrops. Whether a seasoned wine connoisseur or new to learning about and liking wine, these voyages are a perfect occasion for developing a passion and knowledge of wine and cuisine.
Guests onboard these vino-centric sailings will explore the flavors and history from some of the world’s most renowned wineries, as well as several less familiar, but equally notable vineyards. Exclusive wine tastings are followed by the popular Winemaker’s hosted Dinner, where SeaDream’s Executive Chef’s degustation menu is complemented with top cuvees from the visiting Winemaker. A different selection of wines will be offered for the Winemaker’s Dinner, an evening unique to the Wine Voyages; an unforgettable culinary experience that is incomparable to other wine cruises.
“We are eager to announce the 2018 Wine Voyages, offering our guests enhanced culinary experiences they have come to expect from SeaDream,” shares SeaDream Yacht Club President Bob Lepisto. “With newly unveiled additions, we hope to welcome new travelers as well as familiar faces onboard.”
Two new wine sailings in the Caribbean, which will bookend the 2018 wine voyage season, have been added as well as a unique land adventure in the Mediterranean of truffle hunting in the Italian forests of Castello Delle Regine followed by a delicious meal with the “catch of the day” paired with exquisite wines from the vineyard. Guests onboard the Mediterranean wine voyages will also have the pleasure of meeting Clovis Taittinger, whose family is recognized worldwide for producing some of the finest champagnes available and is notably one of the last remaining family-owned and operated champagne houses. Andrea Mullineux, South African winemaker and Swartland revolutionary who was recently named “Winemaker of the Year” by Wine Enthusiast, will also be onboard for wine tastings and the Winemaker’s Dinner. In 2018, SeaDream will be honored with the presence of Angelo Gaja of Gaja Winery, an Italian wine producer from the Piemonte region whose history and legacy started over 150 years ago.
Below is a full listing of SeaDream’s 2018 Wine Voyage itineraries:
· Bridgetown, Barbados to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, departing January 13 – January 20, 2018. Seven days including boutique ports of Mayreau, Port Elizabeth, Le Marin, Deshaies, Saba, and Gustavia.
· Nice, France to Civitavecchia (Rome), departing May 12 – May 19, 2018. Seven days calling on Villefranche-sur-Mer, Saint-Tropez, Cannes, Portofino, Portoferraio (Elba) and Porto Ercole.
· Monte Carlo round trip, departing May 28 – June 2, 2018. Five days including ports of San Remo, Saint-Tropez, Cannes, Calvi and Corsica.
· Civatavecchia (Rome) to Venice, departing June 16 – June 26, 2018. Ten days including boutique ports of Capri, Amalfi overnight, Taormina (Sicily), Kotor (Montenegro), Dubrovnik, Korcula and Hvar.
· Athens (Piraeus) to Civitavecchia (Rome), departing August 4 – August 11, 2018. Seven days calling on Hydra, Monemvasia, Elafonisos Island, Taormina (Sicily) and Capri.
· Civitavecchia (Rome) to Athens (Piraeus), departing September 1 – September 8, 2018. Seven days including ports of Capri, Positano, Amalfi, Taormina (Sicily), Itea (Delphi), Corinth Canal (Transit) and Hydra.
· Civitavecchia (Rome) to Nice, France, departing October 6 – October 13, 2018. Seven days including boutique ports of Porto Ercole, Portoferraio (Elba), Livorno (for Florence), Portovenere, Portofino, and Monte Carlo.
· Barcelona to Malaga, departing October 20 – October 27, 2018. Seven days including ports of Palma de Mallorca, Ibiza, Cartagena, Puerto Banus and Gibraltar.
· Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas roundtrip, departing November 17 – November 24, 2018. Seven days calling on Cruz Bay (St. John), Sandy Ground (Anguilla), Gustavia, Spanish Town and North Sound (Virgin Gorda), Soper’s Hole (Tortola), Norman Island and White Bay (Jost van Dyke).
On all SeaDream voyages, bar drinks and selected wine are complimentary. Wine packages by-the-glass during Winemaker’s dinner and Wine Land Adventures are offered for an additional cost. During the Wine Voyages, a representative from the visiting winery will be present, to host the scheduled wine tastings and the Winemaker’s Dinner.
SeaDream Yacht Club 2018 voyages begin at $5,900 per person based on double occupancy. The inclusive fare includes ocean view accommodations, gourmet meals, gratuities, wine with lunch and dinner and so much more.