Silversea Arctic Experience Offers
Take the plunge and travel into one of the most enigmatic regions on Earth. Mountains of ice calve gracefully while seals, sea birds and of course the mighty Polar Bear search for food in this frozen wonderland. Dreamlike, beautifully bleak, yet bursting with energy both above and below sea-level, hike upon tundra and sail amidst fjords – after all, this is the land of the midnight sun so anything is possible. A must for any modern traveller, Silversea Expeditions allows you to explore the Arctic Circle with expert guides in comfort and class. Making way for you to have a truly memorable experience.
Take advantage of one or more of these special offers and connect with an Cruise Specialist to start you on your planning journey.
Arctic Air Offer: Book by September 30, 2019 and enjoy Reduced Airfares in Business Class or Free Economy Class Airfares + Free Pre-Cruise Hotel, 1 Day Use Post-Cruise Hotel &Transfers + Free In-Country Flights (if required) + Free Shore Excursions
Early Booking Bonus: Book and pay in full by October 31, 2019 and save 10% on select departures
Family Cruise Savings: Guests under the age of 18 receive 50% or more savings depending on their age when travelling with two full paying guests on select voyages.
Arctic Sailings – all promotions may not apply to all sailings
Silver Cloud Expedition June 10, 2020 – 11 days from Reykjavik to Longtearbyen
Silver Cloud Expedition June 21, 2020 – 9 days from Longyearbyen to Tromso
Silver Cloud Expedition June 30, 2020 – 9 days from Tromso to Longyearbyen
Silver Cloud Expedition July 09, 2020 – 11 days from Longyearbyen to Reykjavik
Silver Cloud Expedition July 20, 2020 – 16 days from Reykjavik to Churchill (Manitoba)
Silver Cloud Expedition August 05, 2020 – 16 days from Churchill to Kangerlussuaq
Silver Cloud Expedition August 21, 2020 – 24 days from Kangerlussuaq to Nome (Alaska)
Silver Explorer Expedition September 17, 2020 – 14 days from Tromso to Reykjavik
Silver Explorer Expedition October 01, 2020 – 13 days from Reykjavik to Halifax
Ask about Venetian Society Savings of 5% on select voyages
Why You Should Cruise Northern Europe With Seabourn
Celebrate summer in Scandinavia’s capitals and quaint towns. Stockholm cafes set tables on the sidewalks. Oslo and Helsinki bloom with brilliant flowers and the sounds of children. Gilded fountains sparkle at St. Petersburg’s Summer Palace. Glide between towering cliffs in Norway’s Trollfjord. There’s no lovelier season than a Scandinavian summer, and no better way to experience it than on Seabourn.
1. Hand-selected itineraries include boutique ports, sheltered coves and hidden harbors where larger ships cannot go
2. Both Seabourn Quest and the Seabourn Ovation will be sailing in the region, giving you a wide choice of itineraries and departure dates
3. In-depth explorations of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, mixing history, the arts and sheer natural beauty
4. Exciting Iceland and Greenland voyages, including many maiden ports on unique cruises to and from Reykjavik, Iceland
5. More optional Ventures by Seabourn™ excursions available in select destinations expressly curated to provide ample opportunities
for active kayaking, Zodiac cruising and scenic trekking experiences
6. Shopping with the Chef excursions in Bergen, Oslo, Dublin, Helsinki, Reykjavík, Nuuk and Stockholm allow you to learn about regional markets and see how the freshest ingredients are selected, with an expert Seabourn chef as your guide
7. Regionally inspired cuisine using local seasonal produce
8. Seabourn’s Signature culinary event, the Galley Market Lunch▲ — a tour de force of temptation guaranteed to please any palate
9. Let’s Dance! deck party, Caviar on the Ice and other special deck events
10. Seabourn Conversations with special guest speakers, including our knowledgeable Expedition Team including Naturalists, a Marine
Biologist, Kayak Guide, Historian, Ornithologist and more
11. Optional 3-day mid-cruise excursion in St. Petersburg, With exclusive content though partnership with UNESCO
12. Optional excursion Exclusive Visit to Stonehenge: A UNESCO Partner Tour, from Portland. Through our partnership, this tour providing you access before the site opens for general admission to venture beyond the ropes and walk among the stones, with your guide
13. Shore excursions to UNESCO World Heritage Sites with enhanced content through an exclusive partnership, including Historic Center (Old Town) of Tallinn, The Heart of Neolithic Orkney, Old and New Towns of Edinburgh and more
14. Expedition team on deck helping spot wildlife, outfitted with high precision, long-range Swarovski Optik binoculars for complimentary use
Enhance and extend your Northern Europe VOYAGE with an optional shore excursion, Ventures by Seabourn excursions or mid-cruise tour. Here is a sampling of some of favorites.
Svolvaer (Lofoten), Norway — Ventures by Seabourn: Lofoten Exploration and Trollfjord by Zodiac
Depart from the ship in Zodiacs, to cruise the spectacular Lofoten Islands and fjords of Norway with a resident naturalist. Artists flock to the Lofoten archipelago for its stunning light, majestic peaks, sea – and skyscapes and lovely beaches. You’ll step ashore at one of these as naturalists interpret the flora and fauna, perhaps including resident moose. Then Zodiac northward to Trollfjord, and
watch Seabourn Quest enter the steep, narrow passage from sea level before re-boarding.
Stavanger, Norway — Ventures by Seabourn: Preikestolen/Pulpit Rock Hike
Perhaps no scene is more iconic to Norway’s fjords than the view from flat-topped Pulpit Rock, or Preikestolen, towering 2,000 ft (604
m) above Lysefjord. Take a short ferry crossing to the village of Tau and a scenic transfer to the trailhead at Preikestolhytta. Then a two hour hike of 2.4 miles (3.8 km) ascending 1,100 ft (330 m) will find you standing atop Pulpit Rock and taking in the spectacular view of Lysefjord and the surrounding mountains. Then descend down the trail to return to your ship.
Qaqortoq, Greenland — Ventures by Seabourn: Hvalsey Norse Ruins by Zodiac
Depart Qaqortoq by Zodiac with a resident archaeologist and naturalists, exploring the coastline to the head of the fjord. Landing
at a jetty, scramble up and discover the nearby ruins of the Hvalsey farm and church, where a marriage in 1408 supplied the last written record of Norse presence in Greenland. Amid the ruins, the archaeologist will conjure for you the site as it was in the past,
surrounded by dwarf willows and harebells, perhaps with ghostly icebergs floating just off the gravel beach.
St. Petersburg, Russia — Extraordinary St. Petersburg & Moscow: A 3-Day UNESCO Partner Tour
In St. Petersburg, visit Catherine’s Palace and its Amber Room. Continue to the Peter & Paul Fortress and Cathedral. Then explore
the spectacular Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood before returning to your ship. Next day, take the high-speed train to Moscow to tour the Kremlin’s palaces, cathedrals and resplendent Armory museum, as well as Red Square, before returning by train. On day three, tour the Hermitage Museum in the Winter Palace and its Treasury Diamond Room, and the Summer Palace and fountain gardens at Peterhof.
Crystal Announces Voluntourism Adventures For 2019
Many people believe that travel is not just about adding stamps to ones passport but about making your stamp on the country you are visiting. Voluntourism is one way to achieve this. In 2011, Crystal Cruises debuted their “You Care. We Care” program, allowing their luxury cruise guests a way to connect with a destination by offering excursions with local organizations building goodwill and relationships.
“We feel privileged to offer our ‘You Care. We Care’ program. It is near and dear to the hearts of the Crystal Family and our guests by providing experiences that not only enrich the communities and organizations we visit, but also enables travelers to connect with destinations throughout the world in ways that are intimate and meaningful to them,” says John Stoll, Crystal’s vice president of land programs. “Whatever philanthropic activities speak to guests’ interests – whether its environmental and wildlife conservation or interacting with local citizens – Crystal is proud to offer opportunities for them to contribute.”
In 2019 they are continuing this tremendously popular program by unveiling more than two dozen complimentary voluntourism experiences on most Crystal Symphony and Serenity sailings, along with select itineries on the Crystal Esprit visiting the West Indies. The criteria for selecting the activities that are part of the experience on each “You Care. We Care.” adventure involve identifying those where participants can make an immediate positive impact. The organizations determine their greatest needs and then the Crystal team works closely with them on how they would like Crystal to be involved.
The contribution of guests and crew is that of time and care, with no financial obligations requested or required. Crystal also provides financial and other needed resources annually to many of the charities visited during “You Care. We Care.” adventures further benefiting the programs and the people they serve.
For 2019, Crystal guests and crew can contribute to communities around the world with the following “You Care. We Care.” voluntourism excursions including:
- Assisting at the San Francisco Food Bank, Clatsop Community Action Food Bank in Astoria, Oregon and Mustard Seed Food Bank in Victoria, British Columbia
- Playing games, reading, dancing and participating in an array of other activities with the elderly and children at the Granitos de Paz Foundation in Cartagena, Colombia
- Helping to feed the elderly at Mercy Kitchen in Belize
- Assisting with cleaning and caring for the animals at the Samui Animal Shelter in Koh Samui, Thailand
- Getting an up-close look at the wildlife at Territory Wildlife Park and joining the conservation team in maintaining the park’s botanical gardens in Darwin, Australia
- Participating in tree planting conservation efforts to shelter the yellow-eyed penguins of Dunedin, New Zealand
- Assisting with gardening and other household duties at Domus Christi Home for the Elderly in Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Assisting with meal preparation or recreational activities at Smile of a Child in Cornith, Greece
- Helping prepare food and create ceramic artwork with the disabled at the Pio Monte della Misericordia in Sorrento, Italy
- Learning about the conservation of marine life and participating in the theoretical rescue of a dolphin at the Rehabilitation Center of Prat de Llobregat in Barcelona, Spain
- Assisting with the work at the Gallinas & Focas home for the mentally challenged, tending gardens and olive groves in Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Assisting with groundskeeping at the historic Mount Stewart House & Gardens in Belfast, U.K.
- Planting trees at the Heidmork Natural Reserve in Reykjavik, Iceland
- Visiting the Guernsey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in St. Peter Port, U.K.Crystal Voluntourism Adventures are recommended to be pre-reserved in advance.
Additionally, through its cruise donation program, Crystal supports organizations around the globe with their fundraising efforts. Some of the organizations that the company has supported in 2018 include the Susan G. Komen Foundation; The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; PAWS Humane Society of Broward County; Miami City Ballet; American Heart Association; Coast Guard Foundation; Special Olympics of Florida; Auckland Philharmonic Orchestra; TOKI Rapa Nui School of Music & Arts (Easter Island); Baptist Health; and Camillus House.
Silversea Announces New Summer 2020 Winter 2021 Itineraries
Silversea Announces Groundbreaking New Summer 2020 and Winter 2021 Itineraries and Opens Pre-Sale Exclusively to Venetian Society Members
(Monaco — September 17, 2018) Industry-leading Silversea Cruises opens pre-sale bookings to Venetian Society members for 191 stunning new voyages, which will set sail between summer 2020 and winter 2021. With unprecedented variety and incorporating the launch of Silver Moon, the new collection of itineraries will take guests to 572 destinations in 84 countries and promises to unlock an innumerable range of deep travel experiences in all seven continents. While the pre-sale for Silversea’s Venetian Society members will enable past guests to make reservations before all others, bookings for the new itineraries will open to the general public on October 1, 2018.
A highlight of the new itinerary collection, Silversea’s Silver Moon will set sail on her inaugural voyage on August 6, 2020: the ship will depart Trieste, Italy, for Civitavecchia on an 11-day cruise. The sister ship of Silversea’s flagship, Silver Muse, Silver Moon will benefit from a number of onboard enhancements. One of five Silversea ships in the region in the summer of 2020, she will cruise in the Mediterranean for her maiden season, until November, when she will cross the Atlantic to Fort Lauderdale.
From the ships in each region to the choice of itineraries on offer, Silversea’s guests will enjoy a more diverse range of options than ever before. As well as five ships and 54 voyages in the Mediterranean – including a 37-day, 28-port grand voyage – guests will be able to choose from four ships and 29 voyages in Northern Europe; three ships and 21 voyages in Alaska and the Russian Far East; and two ships and 10 voyages in the Arctic, among voyages in many other appealing regions. Plus, guests will enjoy more overnights than ever before, enabling them to unlock more deep travel experiences in the most amazing destinations around the world. Every voyage over seven nights in Europe and Canada & New England will benefit from an overnight in strategically selected ports.
The new collection of itineraries will incorporate a remarkable polar programme, comprising 10 itineraries and 83 destinations in the Arctic and 11 itineraries and 26 destinations in Antarctica, including East Antarctica and the Ross Sea. Unprecedented voyages to New Zealand’s sub-Antarctic islands and Australia’s Macquarie Island (all UNESCO World Heritage Sites) will enable guests to view vast colonies of penguins and thousands of seals; visits to Churchill and Hudson Bay in Manitoba, Canada, will take guests to the ‘polar bear capital of the world’ and the home of world’s largest beluga whale population, respectively; and concurrent crossings of both the Northwest and Northeast Passages on Silver Cloud and Silver Explorer, respectively, will unlock unique, life-defining experiences with true expedition cruising at its most exhilarating.
Silversea will bolster its already strong reputation as a destination-driven travel brand by enhancing its offering in a number of incredible destinations. In Iceland, for example, the cruise line will offer more immersive experiences on both classic and expedition voyages, with spectacular new itineraries. Departing June 29 from Reykjavik, Silver Wind will circumnavigate the island on a 9-day voyage. Other sample itineraries in Iceland include London to Reykjavik via Ireland and Reykjavik to London via Norway. As in 2019, the cruise line’s flagship, Silver Muse, will spend a full summer deployed in Alaska in 2020. Silversea will return to the Canary Islands on two voyages departing April 16 and September 25, 2020, and Istanbul on two different itineraries, departing May 30 and August 2, 2020. Moreover, the cruise line will make maiden calls in El Hierro, Spain; Fishguard, Wales; Nordfjordeid, Norway; Siglufjörður, Iceland; Durres, Albania; Klaksvik, Faroe Islands; and Patreksfjordur, Iceland.
For the first time, Silversea guests will enjoy free economy-class air and transfers included as standard on all newly released voyages, simplifying the travel experience and enabling guests to discover the world with ease. Exceptions and market-specific conditions may apply.
“We are extremely happy to open pre-sale exclusively to our valued Venetian Society members for our pioneering new itineraries,” says Barbara Muckermann, Silversea’s Chief Marketing Officer. “The variety of experiences on offer is unprecedented and unmatched; we are pushing the boundaries of ultra-luxury cruising for the benefit of our guests, enabling them to enjoy rare and authentic moments in the most fascinating corners of the world. With the launch of Silver Moon, our guests will experience the very best of Silversea’s industry-leading hospitality.”
Click to browse Silversea’s new collection of voyages for summer 2020/winter 2021
Seabourn Offers New Immersive Itineraries for Europe in 2019
Seabourn Is Bound For Europe In 2019 With Immersive Itineraries Visiting More Than 200 Stunning European Destinations
SEATTLE, June 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury cruise line, will be exploring Europe in a big way in 2019 with a menu of exciting travel options for guests to discover natural beauty, bespoke culture, art, architecture, history, and more. By the numbers, the line’s 2019 season in Europe will have four Seabourn vessels – including Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Quest, Seabourn Odyssey, and the newest, Seabourn Ovation – offering more than 66 individual departures from 14 different embarkation gateways.
There will be more than 200 different European destinations on cruises of 7 to 45 days around the continent, including the Aegean and the Greek Isles in the east; the grand cities and picturesque yacht harbors of the Western Mediterranean; the Scottish Highlands, the Baltic and Norway’s North Cape; as well as Norwegian fjords, Iceland and Greenland combined on adventurous summer cruises. As always, guests will enjoy hand-picked selections of fascinating destinations, from marquee ports to lesser-known treasures, while Seabourn, through its partnership with UNESCO World Heritage, presents guests opportunities to enrich each journey with exclusive and exciting shore experiences.
“There are so many ways to tour Europe, but none as inviting as cruising the harbors and coasts on an ultra-luxury Seabourn vessel,” said Richard Meadows, president of Seabourn. “With 30 years of history for our company, it goes without saying that Seabourn is an expert in European travel. Our four vessels bound for Europe in 2019 will offer desirable overnight stays, new and notable ports of call, and selected itineraries enhanced by special programming, including Seabourn Conversations featuring visionary experts and more. Plus Seabourn Ovation, our newest ship, and Seabourn Quest will offer guide-led optional, for-charge Ventures by Seabourn expeditions in select ports to give guests more choices.”
Seabourn strives to find new and interesting ports of call to keep both first-time and loyal guests excited, intrigued and coming back for more. The 2019 season in Europe will offer more than a dozen new and notable ports that the line either hasn’t previously visited or hasn’t been back to in years, including Greenwich (London) and Cowes, Isle of Wight, England; Vik I Sogn, Haugesund, Sandefjord and Fredrikstad, Norway; Durres (Tirane), Albania; Mgarr (Victoria), Malta; Amorgos, Greece; Dunmore East (Waterford), Ireland; England; Helsingør, Denmark; Dundee, United Kingdom; and Motril (Granada), Spain.
With so many highlights dotting the 2019 season in Europe, here’s a quick ship-by-ship breakdown of what to anticipate:
– Seabourn Ovation will return to the north with a series of the line’s signature summer staple of seven-day voyages in the Baltic between Copenhagen and Stockholm, including three full days in St. Petersburg, Russia. The schedule also includes several “hidden gems,” including 14-day voyages combing majestic Norway & the North Cape with the British Isles, and a 14-day southward cruise from Dublin to Lisbon via Paris.
– Seabourn Encore will spend the summer in Europe centered in the most popular regions of the Western Mediterranean, highlighting the Iberian Peninsula, Malta, Sicily and the Italian & French Rivieras, with a series of seven-, 10- and 11-day cruises between Rome, Barcelona and Monte Carlo before finishing the season and positioning to Athens.
– Seabourn Quest will offer a series of longer, adventurous 15-day voyages exploring the spectacular scenery and wildlife of the British Isles, Iceland and Norway, including the North Cape. These voyages will feature a stellar expedition team on board and numerous optional Ventures by Seabourn Zodiac, hiking and kayaking excursions. The ship’s Europe season culminates with a pair of three-week cruises highlighting the very best of Iceland, Greenland and other North Atlantic isles, custom-crafted to provide unforgettable Ventures by Seabourn opportunities, sailing 21 days from Dover to Reykjavik and then 24 days from Reykjavik to Montreal.
– Seabourn Odyssey will concentrate on popular ports throughout the Mediterranean region, including the Aegean and Adriatic coasts. The seven- and 14-day voyages will explore the spectacular Greek Isles and the picturesque beauties of Croatia, Slovenia and Montenegro. In addition, the ship will offer repeated opportunities for first-time cruisers and devotees to discover Rome and the Rivieras, Spain and Morocco. Most of the ship’s itineraries are combinable for longer cruises.
With dozens of departures to choose from, where is a Seabourn guest to begin? Here is just a smattering of highlights from Seabourn’s 2019 season in Europe:
– 15-Day London to Reykjavik (Seabourn Quest, May 17 – June 1) – Cruise from the British Isles to Iceland, with stops at Bristol (Bath), England; Skomer Island and Milford Haven (Pembroke), Wales; Dublin, Ireland; and Oban, Port William, Summer Isles and Kirkwall, Orkney Islands, Scotland, before visiting five ports in Iceland including Reykjavik.
– 7-Day Athens to Valletta (Seabourn Encore, May 26 – June 2) – Also new for 2019, cruise from Piraeus (Athens), Greece to Valletta, Malta, with ports including Mykonos, Rhodes, Symi and Agios Nikóloas in Greece, and Syracusa on Sicily in Italy.
– 15-Day Reykjavik to Copenhagen (Seabourn Quest, June 1 – 16) – Explore Northern-most Europe with three ports in Iceland, including Vigur and Akureyri; eight stops in Norway, including Tromsø, Hammerfest, Storstappen Island and Stavanger, plus scenic cruising along the North Cape; and a visit to Aalborg before winding up in Copenhagen, Denmark. The Seabourn expedition team will be on board to offer Ventures by Seabourn Zodiac, hiking and kayaking excursions.
– 14-Day Copenhagen to Copenhagen (Seabourn Ovation, August 3 – 17) – Discover the many gems and stunning beauty in Scandinavia and the British Isles on the line’s newest ship, Seabourn Ovation. Sail roundtrip from Copenhagen to Gothenburg, Sweden; Oslo, Norway; Sandefjord, Norway; Lerwick Shetland Islands; Scrabster, Invergordon (Inverness), and Newhaven (Edinburgh), Scotland; and Newcastle upon Tyne, England. The voyage includes a stop at Bremerhaven, Germany, and a crossing of the Kiel Canal.
– 14-Day Dublin to Dublin (Seabourn Ovation, September 14 – 28) – New for 2019, sail roundtrip from Dublin with destinations across the British Isles including Greenock (Glasgow), Oban, Peterhead (Aberdeen), and Invergordon (Inverness) in Scotland; Belfast, Northern Ireland; Liverpool, England; Holyhead, Wales; and Cobh (Cork), Ireland.
– 11-Day Barcelona to Rome (Seabourn Encore; October 3 – 14) – This one-off cruise will depart Barcelona bound for Civitavecchia (Rome), with calls in Spain including Valencia, Cádiz (Seville), Málaga (Granada), Cartagena (Murcia) and Ibiza; as well as Portimão (Algrave), Portugal; Tangier, Morocco; and Saint-Florent, Corsica, France.
– 14-Day Barcelona to Lisbon (Seabourn Odyssey, October 19 – November 2) – One of two 14-day cruises (the other is in April) between Barcelona and Lisbon will see Seabourn Odyssey calling at several tall, volcanic Canary Islands off the coast of Africa, along with stops at Tangier and Casablanca, Morocco; and Funchal, Madeira and Portimão (Algrave), Portugal.
Seabourn Cruise Line
Seabourn represents the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel with intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas and all 100% ocean front; superb dining in a choice of venues; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel right at home on board. The ships travel the globe to many of the world’s most desirable destinations, including marquee cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and lesser-known ports and hideaways.
Guests who sail on Seabourn will continue to find a number of innovative offerings and programs, including partnerships with a select group of companies and individuals whose dedication to superior quality, exceptional service and consistent customer satisfaction matches Seabourn. These programs include ‘An Evening with Tim Rice’, the new evening entertainment experience created exclusively for the line in association with Belinda King Creative Productions; Spa and Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, offering guests a holistic spa and wellness experience that integrates physical, social, environmental and spiritual well-being; and The Grill by Thomas Keller, reminiscent of the classic American restaurant from the 50’s and 60’s. Exclusive to Seabourn, The Grill is a unique culinary concept for Chef Keller, focusing on updated versions of iconic dishes. Guests will be treated to table-side preparations of Caesar salad and ice cream sundaes, as well as a range of other favorites like premium steaks, whole roasted chicken, and Lobster Thermidor, presented à la carte.
Holland America Line Introduces Culinary-themed EXC Tours Developed in Partnership with FOOD & WINE
Currently Mediterranean and Northern Europe cruises feature FOOD & WINE tours
SEATTLE, Feb. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — The long-time partnership between Holland America Line and FOOD & WINE has delivered immersive culinary experiences for more than a dozen years. The collaboration is expanding with a collection of exciting culinary-themed EXC Tours (shore excursions), that explore food, wine and culture in some of the world’s hottest gastronomic locales.
“Holland America Line continues to develop deeply immersive experiences in the ports we visit, and through our partnership with FOOD & WINE we’ve been able to craft exceptional new excursions that show the culinary side of these destinations in some very special ways,” said Orlando Ashford, president of Holland America Line. “We want to do more than simply take our guests to a local restaurant. We want them to cook with the restaurant chefs, visit hidden hotspots only the locals know about, and combine food and culture with fun and unique experiences.”
Twenty-three new shore excursions are now available for booking on select 2018 cruises to the Mediterranean and Northern Europe. FOOD & WINE EXC Tours on Mediterranean cruises are offered in Dubrovnik, Croatia; Kerkira, Nisos Kerkira (Corfu), and Thira (Santorini), Greece; Livorno (Florence), Naples and Venice, Italy; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Kotor, Montenegro; and Cádiz (Seville), Barcelona and Málaga (Granada), Spain.
Guests on Northern Europe cruises will find FOOD & WINE EXC Tours in Copenhagen, Denmark; Tallinn, Estonia; Helsinki, Finland; Kiel (Hamburg), Germany; Reykjavik, Iceland; Bergen, Norway; St. Petersburg, Russia; and Stockholm, Sweden.
Guests have the opportunity to take hands-on cooking classes, go on culinary walking tours, visit wineries, sample street food, explore local hideaways and more. Noteworthy FOOD & WINE EXC Tours include “La Boqueria Market Cooking Experience” in Barcelona that includes a hands-on culinary workshop led by chef Txema Aroca; “Ino & the Uffizi Gallery” in Livorno, combining the finest art with the best local street food; Copenhagen’s “Smorrebrod: The Art of Sandwich Making,” where participants learn everything including how to bake bread and create authentic toppings; “Nordic Food Walk” in Stockholm that is a delicious gastronomic journey through the old Haymarket — now the Hötorgshallen Food Market; and a hands-on cooking class in the kitchen of the renowned Selene restaurant in Santorini.
Over the next year, FOOD & WINE EXC Tours will be available in an expanding array of destinations, including additional European ports, Alaska, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Canada/New England, Caribbean, Mexico, South America and more.
For more information, contact a travel professional, or visit the FOOD & WINE EXC Tours webpage here. All of the FOOD & WINE EXC Tours are noted with “in partnership with FOOD & WINE” in the tour name so they are clearly identifiable. FOOD & WINE is a registered trademark of Time Inc. Affluent Media Group and is used with permission.
Silversea’s Silver Cloud embarks on Inaugural Expedition Voyage
Miami, FL — November 17, 2017: Fresh from a $40 million refurbishment and conversion to an ice-class expedition ship, Silversea’s ultra-luxury Silver Cloud set sail this week from Buenos Aires on her first-ever expedition voyage. Over the course of 16 days, the newly reimagined ship will explore the iceberg sculptures, calving glaciers, and rare and majestic wildlife of Antarctica, while her guests will enjoy such signature comforts as spacious all-suite accommodations with butler service, open bars and five dining options offering sumptuous cuisine, including the only Relais & Châteaux restaurant at sea.
“We are proud to celebrate this momentous occasion when the ship that launched Silversea on a path to redefine luxury travel now embarks on a new path to redefine expedition cruising,” said Roberto Martinoli, Silversea’s CEO.
The completely transformed Silver Cloud accommodates 254 guests (200 in polar waters) in exquisitely updated suites, most featuring a private veranda. Her elegantly redesigned public spaces include the new Tor’s Observation Lounge, offering commanding views of the scenery, and refreshed boutiques stocked with essential expedition gear. Other amenities rarely found on an expedition ship include a heated, resort-style pool, the all-new Zàgara Spa, and the new Photo Studio, where a manager, state-of-the-art equipment and professional photo editing software are available to assist guests with their photography.
A fleet of 16 Zodiacs provides unprecedented opportunity for up-close exploration, while 10 kayaks offer a truly personalized experience of nature in the polar realms. Depending on the region, between 20 and 22 passionate and dedicated Expedition Team members are always at hand to share their considerable knowledge and insights. They give lectures in the multi-tiered Explorer Lounge, run workshops, lead Zodiac and kayak trips, and guide nature walks — all of which is complimentary.
Following her first season in Antarctica, Silver Cloud will trace a path up Africa’s seldom-seen western coast to Northern Europe and the Norwegian Arctic, where she will spend the summer sailing glacier-filled bays and fjords in search of polar bears, whales, walruses and other amazing wildlife. Then, a series of expeditions to Iceland, Greenland, Canada, and Central and South America will culminate with a return to Ushuaia for another season of exhilarating Antarctic expeditions.
For further details on Silver Cloud expeditions, please Contact an ILC Cruise Specialist.
Celebrity Cruises Invites Guests to Experience the Best of Europe – with an Edge
The 2019 summer season will boast 5 stunning ships, 27 breathtaking countries, and 92 ports of call
MIAMI, FL – October 17, 2017 – From Athens to Barcelona to Reykjavik, Celebrity Cruises has all of Europe covered with the brand’s award-winning fleet that delivers unrivaled modern luxury vacations. In 2019, Celebrity will have five stunning ships, including the newest, Celebrity Edge, sailing in the region.
With stops in 27 different countries, overnight stays in 16 cities, and visits to more than 90 ports of call – including three brand new Celebrity-first ports of call: Nauplion, Greece; Rijeka, Croatia; and Santa Margherita, Italy – there’s no better way to experience Europe than with Celebrity.
“From our expansive new itineraries, including three exciting new ports of call and overnights in 16 cities across the region, to our specially curated shore excursions, there’s a reason we’re continually recognized as the ‘Best Cruise Line In Europe’,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises.
The newest iconic European landmark isn’t on land
As revealed today by Lutoff-Perlo at an exclusive event in London’s Somerset House, Celebrity Edge will be transporting guests to the stunning vistas of the Mediterranean with a range of seven- to 11-night sailings from iconic cities like Barcelona and Rome in 2019. The itineraries will also feature two of the new ports of call: Nauplion, Greece – a charming coastal town with a Greek island-feel – and Santa Margherita, Italy – a picturesque seaside town near Portofino.
With its revolutionary, outward-facing design – highlighted by signature features such as the Magic Carpet and the Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda – Europe has never seen a ship like Celebrity Edge before, and guests will have never seen Europe like they will on Celebrity Edge.
Beyond the Edge of Europe
In addition to Celebrity Edge, the modern luxury brand will also occupy the region with four more award-winning vessels, including Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Reflection, and Celebrity Silhouette. There really is no better way to experience Europe than with Celebrity.
In 2019, Celebrity Infinity will return to Europe for the first time since 2014, offering seven- to 12-night itineraries with visits to some of the most popular countries in the region, including Italy, Malta, Greece, and Croatia.
With alternating seven-night sailings from Venice to Rome and Rome to Venice, Celebrity Infinity offers travelers the flexibility to create even more immersive vacations by booking back-to-back itineraries for a 14-night tour of the Mediterranean. These combined sailings have no repeat stops along the way and include an exciting overnight stay in the gorgeous city of Venice.
Celebrity Constellation will also be returning to Europe in 2019 with exciting new itineraries, including visits to a brand-new port of call, Rijeka, Croatia. Modern luxury explorers will be able to choose from a variety of nine- and 10-night itineraries sailing from Venice, Barcelona, and Rome; Celebrity Constellation will immerse guests along the Dalmatian Coast, the French Riviera, Italy, Spain, and the sun-soaked Greek Isles. The alternating sailings offers guests the opportunity to book nine- and 10-night itineraries back-to-back, creating unbelievable journeys across Europe.
For the 2019 season, Celebrity Reflection will call Dublin and Amsterdam home and offer a wide range of itineraries for unparalleled European vacations, with eight- to 12-night sailings across northern Europe, from the British Isles to Scandinavia, Russia, and Iceland.
Travelers will visit iconic ports of call across the region, including Reykjavik, Iceland; Lerwick, Scotland; Belfast, Northern Ireland; the Norwegian Fjords; St. Petersburg, Russia; and many more, including overnight stays in Dublin.
Celebrity Silhouette returns to Southampton in 2019 to offer a variety of three- to 14-night sailings to some of the most iconic destinations in Europe, including Scandinavia to Russia, the Norwegian Fjords, Ireland, and Iceland. Guests will enjoy overnight stays in St. Petersburg, Russia, where they can enjoy everything from the Russian Ballet to visits to the Hermitage and the famous palaces of the Russian nobility.
Other exciting cities along Celebrity Silhouette’s Scandinavian season include Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm, and Tallinn. The ship will also venture to Ireland and Iceland for adventurous 12- and 14-night sailings.
Over the coming weeks, Celebrity will continue to reveal more of its robust 2019-2020 cruise vacation lineup. To learn more and book, contact Celebrity at 1-800-CELEBRITY, call a local travel agent, or visit www.celebritycruises.com/2019-2020-sailings/europe-sailings.
About Celebrity Cruises:
Celebrity Cruises’ iconic “X” is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers’ precious time. Celebrity Cruises’ 12 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents incredible cruise tour experiences in Alaska and Canada. Celebrity is one of five cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111, visit www.celebritycruises.com, or call your travel agent.
Celebrity Cruises has been voted the “Best Cruise Line in Europe” seven years in a row by the Travel Weekly Readers’ Choice Awards.
image used is an Artist rendition of Eden on the Celebrity Edge