Seabourn Cruise Line has announced the name of their new ultra-luxury purpose-built expedition ship Seabourn Venture, paying tribute to the remote destinations visited by their highly successful expedition and Ventures by Seabourn™ excursion programs and the fascinating places yet to be explored in the future.
Seabourn expedition history …
Seabourn began offering expedition experiences during their first sailing to Antarctica in 2013 led by a highly qualified, world-class Expedition Team and those itineraries have been offered every season since. The success of the Antarctica program opened the door for similar optional experiences under the name Ventures by Seabourn featuring Zodiacs, kayaks, and guided hikes offered on Seabourn ships in a number of desirable destinations around the world, including Alaska, Australia & New Zealand, South America, and Northern European destinations such as Norway and Greenland.
About the new ship …
“The name Seabourn Venture is an exciting step in the process of launching even more immersive voyages designed specifically for the expedition traveler who dares to go beyond the norm in terms of destinations and experiences they seek,” said Richard Meadows, President of Seabourn. “Combined with the team of 26 experts that will bring the expedition experience to life, we are going to draw on our pedigree to deliver breathtaking experiences and I know Seabourn Venture is going to create lifetime memories for the adventurer that wants to go farther, into more remote destinations than they may have ever seen before, in true Seabourn ultra-luxury.”
Seabourn Venture is scheduled to launch in June 2021, with a second yet-to-be-named sister ship slated to launch in May 2022. Both ships will be designed and built for diverse environments to PC6 Polar Class standards and will include a plethora of modern hardware and technology that will extend the ships global deployment and capabilities. The new ships, which are being built by T. Mariotti, will be a brand new innovative design, created specifically for the ultra-luxury expedition traveler, and will include many features that have made Seabourn ships so successful. A new and exciting offering will be two custom-built submarines carried onboard, providing an unforgettable view of the world beneath the ocean’s surface. The ships will also be designed to carry a complement of kayaks and 24 Zodiacs that can accommodate all onboard guests at once, which will allow for a truly immersive experience. Each ship will feature 132 luxurious ocean-front veranda suites. More details and full-color renderings of the ship and its interior spaces will be released in the months ahead.
Specific details about itineraries and booking availability will be released in spring 2019. The first ship is currently planned to sail in the Arctic in late summer 2021, with a full summer season in Antarctica to follow.
Both expedition vessels will feature an onboard crew that will include outstanding and well-traveled Expedition Teams comprised of highly regarded wilderness experts, scientists, historians and naturalists. During each sailing, team members regularly interact with guests, providing keen insight to deliver a rich holistic travel experience. These fascinating, accomplished experts are also part of the Seabourn Conversations program, providing you with in-depth insights into the history, ecology and culture of the places you’ll visit. Their valuable insights are offered both in formal presentations on a variety of topics and in more casual conversations over meals or at leisure.
The Seabourn Expedition Difference:
• Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
• Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
• Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
• Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with guest preferences
• Tipping is neither required, nor expected
• Ventures by Seabourn, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend the guest experience in select destinations
• Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
• World-class dining venues are all complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
• Purpose-built expedition ships, PC6 ice-strengthened hull, with advanced maneuvering technology for superior stability, safety and comfort
• World-class Expedition Team, delivering immersive experiences
• Handcrafted itineraries developed for the expedition traveler to the most coveted and familiar remote destinations in the world
• Two custom-built 6-guest submarines giving the option to extend their expedition further for greater ocean exploration
• Enhanced expedition experiences with Zodiacs, mountain and ebikes, scuba diving, snorkeling and optional kayaks
• Open bridge policy*, hosted by members of the Expedition Team providing firsthand access to the ship’s command center and officers navigating the journey
• Meticulous and purposeful adventurers’ resort at sea designed for the luxury traveler with unique attributes and spaces to enhance their experience
• All veranda, all ocean-front suites luxuriously appointed
• Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability