From a yoga trip to Taku Glacier Lodge in Alaska to a Lukimbi Safari in South Africa. Seabourn is encouraging travelers to experience extraordinary destinations with a selection of notable, new shore excursions!
SEATTLE, February 1, 2019 – Seabourn, the world’s finest ultra-luxury travel experience, is encouraging travelers to experience extraordinary destinations with a selection of notable new shore excursions available throughout the year ahead. Introducing a selection of never-before-offered excursions, Seabourn guests are invited to engage in authentic culture and glimpse remarkable natural beauty for explorations creating lifelong memories.
The new shore excursions offer a diverse mix of opportunities including wellness-focused tours of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Alaska, a Picasso Museum exclusive visit, and culinary and art experiences secured through local connections, among others.
“Shore excursions are always a highlight as we visit each destination and a key element of the Seabourn luxury experience,” noted Chris Austin, Seabourn’s senior vice president of Global Marketing & Sales. “This complement of new excursions combines what Seabourn does best, presenting innovative, exclusive and unique programming for people to experience exotic destinations in truly memorable ways.”
Each new shore excursion has been thoughtfully detailed to ensure guests come away with a truly memorable experience. The notable new excursions being offered in 2019 include:
- Kruger National Park & Lukimbi Safari Lodge – Soak in Africa’s exotic landscape and spot the best game in the country with three days spent at Lukimbi Safari Lodge in the southern portion of Kruger National Park. From poster panels carved with mystical creatures and African patterns to open wooden decks for tranquil game viewing, Lukimbi is a photographer’s delight with spectacular wildlife and wilderness around every corner. Kruger, South Africa’s largest game reserve, is the land of baobabs and fever trees, the Big Five, the Little Five, and the Big Six of birding, plus more mammal species than any other on the continent. Cape Town, South Africa; Available on Seabourn Sojourn, February 21, 2019 sailing
- Taku Glacier Lodge, Glacier Seaplane Discovery & Yoga: A Mindful Living Tour – Designed as an extension of Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil available on board, this Mindful Living Tour begins with a flight in a classic de Havilland seaplane over five glaciers from Juneau to Taku Glacier Lodge. Located along the Taku River, just across from Alaska’s largest and one of the world’s few remaining advancing glaciers, the famed wilderness lodge was built in 1923. Soak up the surrounding splendor, taste wild Alaska salmon grilled to perfection, join a certified yoga instructor for a soulful session surrounded by views of the blue-hued glacier, and enjoy a guided interpretive nature walk with wildlife sightings likely. Juneau, Alaska; Available on all 2019 Alaska sailings
- The Historical, Forward-Looking Augustine Monastery: A Mindful Living Tour – Designed as another land-based extension of Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, guests can explore one of the oldest settlements in North America with a Mindful Living tour of charming Québec City. See Dufferin Terrace where Samuel de Champlain built his fort in 1620; spectacular views of the St. Lawrence River, Île d’Orléans, and Laurentian Mountains; and celebrated Château Frontenac Hotel. Enter the historic walls of Le Monastère des Augustines for a unique experience in holistic health and rare opportunity to connect with the monastic heritage of the Augustine Sisters whose offering of cutting-edge healthcare has been at the heart of their values for ages. The excursion also includes an interactive conference on medicinal herbs and teas, and a concert with commentary from the Augustinian Choir. Quebec City, Quebec; Available on Seabourn Quest’s August 6 and 30; September 10 and 21; October 3, 14 and 25 sailings
- Bocelli’s Favorite Things & Seaside Experience (A Small-Group Tour) – Guests will explore the charming town of Lucca, Italy and learn about its history, culture and marvels, including the Piazza dell’ Anfiteatro, the Church of San Michele in Foro, and the famous City Wall of Lucca. . Learn more about the life and career of one of the greatest opera composers, Giacomo Puccini, with a visit to his local apartment, the Puccini Villa and Puccini Theatre. Continue on to the exclusive Bocelli Alpemare Beach Club, run by the Bocelli family, for a four-course lunch and a tasting of wines from the Bocelli family farmhouse in Tuscany. Following some relaxing time on the beach, guests will make a final stop at Pisa, home to the iconic Leaning Tower. Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy. Available on Seabourn Encore’s July 18, August 22, September 26; Seabourn Odyssey’s October 12; and Seabourn Ovation’s October 23 sailings.
- Picasso Museum Exclusive Visit & A Taste Of Malaga – Seabourn guests can discover marvelous landmarks and ancient history in Málaga. Views of the stunning architecture of the Alcasaba Palace, erected in the 11th century for the Arabian Caliphs, are just a warm up to the Picasso Museum, where an exclusive visit will offer access to the collection, archeological remains, and a terrace not normally open to the public. A special souvenir memento will seal memories for guests before heading off to nearby Pateo de las Beatas for an authentic culinary experience of local delicacies and a small bottle of olive oil to go as a souvenir. Málaga (Granada), Spain; Available on Seabourn Odyssey’s April 17 and October 19 sailings; Seabourn Ovation’s May 5, 2019; and Seabourn Encore’s July 25, August 29 and October 3, 2019.
A broad array of shore excursions are offered in the many ports Seabourn visits each year and more details can be found on the Seabourn website.
Seabourn continues to represent the pinnacle of ultra-luxury travel with intimate ships offering key elements that set the line apart: spacious, thoughtfully appointed suites, many with verandas and all 100% ocean front; superb dining in a choice of venues; complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times; award-winning service and a relaxed, sociable atmosphere that makes guests feel right at home on board. The ships travel the globe to many of the world’s most desirable destinations, including marquee cities, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and lesser-known ports and hideaways.
Guests who sail on Seabourn will continue to find a number of innovative offerings and programs, including partnerships with a select group of companies and individuals whose dedication to superior quality, exceptional service and consistent customer satisfaction matches Seabourn. These programs include ‘An Evening with Tim Rice’, the new evening entertainment experience created exclusively for the line in association with Belinda King Creative Productions; Spa and Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, offering guests a holistic spa and wellness experience that integrates physical, social, environmental and spiritual well-being; and The Grill by Thomas Keller, reminiscent of the classic American restaurant from the 50’s and 60’s. Exclusive to Seabourn, The Grill is a unique culinary concept for Chef Keller, focusing on updated versions of iconic dishes. Guests will be treated to table-side preparations of Caesar salad and ice cream sundaes, as well as a range of other favorites like premium steaks, whole roasted chicken, and Lobster Thermidor, presented à la carte.