On February 17th I started a 10-day inspection cruise and tour of the Regent Seven Seas Explorer®. She is acknowledged as being the most luxurious ship ever built and I have to agree that she certainly is. She accommodates 750 guests maximum, all in suites, with an almost equivalent 552 crew complement providing at most a 1:1.5 guest:staff ratio resulting in the very high service level we encountered while on board.
It’s a six-star high quality experience with an atmosphere that is incredibly warm, welcoming, friendly, and family-like. This is in many ways due to the Staff’s pride in what they do and their career longevity. We saw crew members honoured for their 15 and 20 years of service.
My husband joined me and had reservations about spending 10 nights on a cruise with 4 days at sea. When the cruise ended, he actually felt that it was too short. He appreciated the great service and had over 30 staff identified by name to thank in addition to several staff teams. We met many wonderful people from the U.S. Canada, & Europe … some of whom could become life-long friends.
The ship has all balcony suite accommodation ranging from 308 – 4400 square feet (including the balcony). Most have walk-in closets, oversized balconies, are well appointed with walk-in showers, soaker tubs and double sinks in the bathroom. The Italian made beds are very comfortable and are complimented with Egyptian linens and bedding.
The most luxurious suite at over 4400 square feet, includes:
• 2 bedrooms,
• 2 private balconies,
• An in-suite spa with included treatments provided by Canyon Ranch®,
• A sauna, steam room, and whirlpool,
• A solarium,
• A private dining room (in a restaurant),
• Butler service,
• A private chauffeur & tour guide in each port of call,
• Plus many other luxurious amenities such as a master bedroom horse hair mattress made for royalty and a self-playing piano.
The ship has many different restaurants – French, Asian, Italian, a Steak & Seafood house, a Main dining room with open seating, a pool grill, a lunch & breakfast buffet, and 24 hour room service.
Regent Seven Seas® is the most inclusive cruise line available.
• Roundtrip business class air on intercontinental flights & economy on domestic routes,
• 1 night pre-cruise hotel package in Concierge & higher,
• Transfers between the airport and ship with Regent flights,
• Unlimited shore excursions in each port of call,
• Unlimited beverages including select fine wines and premium spirits,
• Open bars and lounges,
• In-suite mini-bar replenished daily,
• Specialty dining venues,
• Pre-paid gratuities,
• Unlimited WIFI,
• FREE Land packages before or after many of their exotic itineraries.
Review provided by
Independent Advisor with New Wave Travel
A division of Vision Travel, a Direct Travel Company
Photo c/o Regent Seven Seas Cruises