Celebrate summer in Scandinavia’s capitals and quaint towns. Stockholm cafes set tables on the sidewalks. Oslo and Helsinki bloom with brilliant flowers and the sounds of children. Gilded fountains sparkle at St. Petersburg’s Summer Palace. Glide between towering cliffs in Norway’s Trollfjord. There’s no lovelier season than a Scandinavian summer, and no better way to experience it than on Seabourn.
1. Hand-selected itineraries include boutique ports, sheltered coves and hidden harbors where larger ships cannot go
2. Both Seabourn Quest and the Seabourn Ovation will be sailing in the region, giving you a wide choice of itineraries and departure dates
3. In-depth explorations of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, mixing history, the arts and sheer natural beauty
4. Exciting Iceland and Greenland voyages, including many maiden ports on unique cruises to and from Reykjavik, Iceland
5. More optional Ventures by Seabourn™ excursions available in select destinations expressly curated to provide ample opportunities
for active kayaking, Zodiac cruising and scenic trekking experiences
6. Shopping with the Chef excursions in Bergen, Oslo, Dublin, Helsinki, Reykjavík, Nuuk and Stockholm allow you to learn about regional markets and see how the freshest ingredients are selected, with an expert Seabourn chef as your guide
7. Regionally inspired cuisine using local seasonal produce
8. Seabourn’s Signature culinary event, the Galley Market Lunch▲ — a tour de force of temptation guaranteed to please any palate
9. Let’s Dance! deck party, Caviar on the Ice and other special deck events
10. Seabourn Conversations with special guest speakers, including our knowledgeable Expedition Team including Naturalists, a Marine
Biologist, Kayak Guide, Historian, Ornithologist and more
11. Optional 3-day mid-cruise excursion in St. Petersburg, With exclusive content though partnership with UNESCO
12. Optional excursion Exclusive Visit to Stonehenge: A UNESCO Partner Tour, from Portland. Through our partnership, this tour providing you access before the site opens for general admission to venture beyond the ropes and walk among the stones, with your guide
13. Shore excursions to UNESCO World Heritage Sites with enhanced content through an exclusive partnership, including Historic Center (Old Town) of Tallinn, The Heart of Neolithic Orkney, Old and New Towns of Edinburgh and more
14. Expedition team on deck helping spot wildlife, outfitted with high precision, long-range Swarovski Optik binoculars for complimentary use
Enhance and extend your Northern Europe VOYAGE with an optional shore excursion, Ventures by Seabourn excursions or mid-cruise tour. Here is a sampling of some of favorites.
Svolvaer (Lofoten), Norway — Ventures by Seabourn: Lofoten Exploration and Trollfjord by Zodiac
Depart from the ship in Zodiacs, to cruise the spectacular Lofoten Islands and fjords of Norway with a resident naturalist. Artists flock to the Lofoten archipelago for its stunning light, majestic peaks, sea – and skyscapes and lovely beaches. You’ll step ashore at one of these as naturalists interpret the flora and fauna, perhaps including resident moose. Then Zodiac northward to Trollfjord, and
watch Seabourn Quest enter the steep, narrow passage from sea level before re-boarding.
Stavanger, Norway — Ventures by Seabourn: Preikestolen/Pulpit Rock Hike
Perhaps no scene is more iconic to Norway’s fjords than the view from flat-topped Pulpit Rock, or Preikestolen, towering 2,000 ft (604
m) above Lysefjord. Take a short ferry crossing to the village of Tau and a scenic transfer to the trailhead at Preikestolhytta. Then a two hour hike of 2.4 miles (3.8 km) ascending 1,100 ft (330 m) will find you standing atop Pulpit Rock and taking in the spectacular view of Lysefjord and the surrounding mountains. Then descend down the trail to return to your ship.
Qaqortoq, Greenland — Ventures by Seabourn: Hvalsey Norse Ruins by Zodiac
Depart Qaqortoq by Zodiac with a resident archaeologist and naturalists, exploring the coastline to the head of the fjord. Landing
at a jetty, scramble up and discover the nearby ruins of the Hvalsey farm and church, where a marriage in 1408 supplied the last written record of Norse presence in Greenland. Amid the ruins, the archaeologist will conjure for you the site as it was in the past,
surrounded by dwarf willows and harebells, perhaps with ghostly icebergs floating just off the gravel beach.
St. Petersburg, Russia — Extraordinary St. Petersburg & Moscow: A 3-Day UNESCO Partner Tour
In St. Petersburg, visit Catherine’s Palace and its Amber Room. Continue to the Peter & Paul Fortress and Cathedral. Then explore
the spectacular Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood before returning to your ship. Next day, take the high-speed train to Moscow to tour the Kremlin’s palaces, cathedrals and resplendent Armory museum, as well as Red Square, before returning by train. On day three, tour the Hermitage Museum in the Winter Palace and its Treasury Diamond Room, and the Summer Palace and fountain gardens at Peterhof.